Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Social Science Analyst, in the Office of Head
Start, you will perform program and policy
analyses of services provided by the Office of Head Start.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-ACF-MP-15-1485555 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Develop and conduct program and policy analyses to
identify and understand the needs of the Head Start/Early Head Start (HS/EHS)
- Provide guidance on issues faced by families eligible
for HS/EHS Programs.
- Develop long-range strategies and work plans to carry
out legislative initiatives.
- Evaluate and implement national goals and priorities
aimed at improving the effectiveness of HS/EHS Programs.
- Consult and maintain liaison with other offices and
agencies regarding best practice on drafting and reviewing policies.
- Represent the agency at meetings on budget, policy and
- Provide technical guidance in the areas of proposed
regulations, legislation and other policy issues related to HS/EHS.
- Occasional Travel
- May be required 1 to 5 nights a year