This position is in the SES, Career-Reserved. USDA structures its positions into Pay levels. This is a pay level three (3) position. Pay is set based on consideration of selectee’s current salary and other various factors. SES employees are also eligible to receive bonuses and performance-based awards. Visit http://www.opm.gov/ses/ for additional information and benefits for SES employees.
The Senior Executive Service (SES) is comprised of the men and women charged with leading the continuing transformation of the government. These leaders possess well-honed executive skills and share a broad perspective of government and a public service commitment which is grounded in the Constitution.
If you would like to work for a premier agency focused on enhancing the quality of life for the American people by supporting production of agriculture; ensuring safe, affordable, nutritious and accessible food supply; forest and range lands; supporting sound development of rural communities; providing economic opportunities for farm and rural residents; expanding global markets for agricultural and forest products and services; and working to reduce hunger in America and throughout the world, then the USDA is for you. To learn more about our agency, our exciting mission, vision and guiding principles, please visit http://www.usda.gov .Learn more about this agency
Under the leadership of the Chief Information Officer for USDA, the Deputy Chief Information Officer for Operations and Infrastructure duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides overall responsibility for providing executive leadership for agency-wide Information Technology operations and infrastructure;
- Ensures strategic oversight and accountability of critical mission IT programs and functions, highly complex department-wide initiatives and projects, IT investments and budget;
- Provides strategic leadership, oversight and direction to the Associate Chief Information Officers in the National Information Technology Center, Client Technology Services and the Directors of Enterprise Network Services;
- Represent the USDA Chief Information Officer with senior executives throughout the Department, other Federal agencies; USDA focus customer groups and other organizations both public and private; and
- Provide executive level leadership and oversight to USDA's IT infrastructure initiatives, to include the consolidation of data centers across the Department in accordance with Office of Management and Budget directives and efforts to make appropriate use of public and private "cloud" technology.
25% or less - Some business travel may be required to successfully perform the duties of this position
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All groups of qualified individuals. You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Failure to follow instructions may disqualify you from further consideration.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/413163200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.