GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.
As an Asset Manager you will be responsible for financial management, asset management, planning and strategy, and budget development. This position is involved with the development, execution and evaluation of asset management strategies within PBS Southwest Region.
This position is located in the Public Building Services (PBS), Portfolio Management Division, in either Albuquerque, New Mexico or Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Duty location to be determined upon selection. This office serves as the trustee of a diverse portfolio of real estate holdings and optimizes its value for the benefit of the American Taxpayer through the fiscally prudent analysis of the value of its real estate across the region.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
This vacancy is also being announced as Vacancy Announcement Number 1507212VLMP under Merit Promotion regulations. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Merit Promotion Procedures. Note: You must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both procedures.
Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for strategic and tactical asset planning. Develops and implements strategies for individual assets. Performs retention/disposal analysis to determine whether or not to recommend disposal of a property. Coordinates and/or performs budget formulation.
- Performs various financial analyses. Monitors the financial goals and performance measures.
- Analyzes portfolio performance in nonfinancial areas. Reviews and approves Occupancy Agreements for adherence to appropriate policies, guidelines, and asset and portfolio strategies.
- Serves as a primary point of contact in developing performance data. Serves as the primary point of contact on portfolio and asset management related issues.
- The Asset Manager functions within a matrix oriented organization where various program offices are dependent upon each other for support to accomplish the mission and performance measures.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training, meetings or conferences.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Island).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/411635600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.