About the Position:
Tooele Army Depot is located approximately 45 miles West of Salt Lake City, Utah. The Depot is in Tooele County and surrounded by the communities of Tooele, Grantsville, Stockton, and Rush Valley. The area surrounding the depot is as an urban center for a highly varied and productive agriculture industry. The depot is 42,974 acres and currently serves the missions of conventional ammunition storage, maintenance, demilitarization, and ammunition peculiar equipment. The depot was constructed in 1942 in an area with a historical tradition of Indian cultures. Originally the depot was known as the Tooele Ordnance Depot, which functioned as a storage depot for World War II supplies, ammunition, and combat vehicles. Currently, the depot has maintained the certification of ISO 9001:2000, incorporated the LEAN and Six Sigma structure, and are ready for new missions for not only the Army, but all services of Department of Defense, and partnerships with private industry.
Who May Apply: U.S. CitizensLearn more about this agency
As an Explosives Operator (Painting Worker/Forklift Operator) you will perform:
- A variety of operations in the renovation, modification, demilitarization, and preservation of ammunition and explosives ranging from small arms to 280 millimeters, to include mines, grenades, and rockets.
- Disassemble and breakdown ammunition items.
- Operate pull-apart or breakdown machines to separate projectiles from shell casings, and base or nose plugs from bombs and mines.
- Destroy a variety of explosives, ammunition, and propellants by detonation and burning.
- Prime explosives according to firing system and test continuity of electrical system.
- Spray paint equipment in applying primer and/or finish coats to missiles containers, bomb bodies, rounds, and smoke pots. Prepare surfaces by sanding, scraping, and wire brushing. Apply stencil markings, spot paints and brush paints items to include buildings, wooden boxes, crates, and various ammunition and explosive items.
- Operate electric, diesel, or gasoline-powered forklift trucks to move, stack and unstack materials.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/410680200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.