About the Agency
Earth Day is every day at EPA! Our diverse workforce connects to more than just a career-we share a common passion to promote a cleaner, healthier environment. We consistently rank as one of the top Federal agencies in which to work, with great benefits and work flexibilities. Find yourself at EPA.
This position is located in Region 5, Superfund Division, Remedial Response Branch #2, Remedial Response Section #7 located in Chicago, IL.
- Advise Remedial Project Managers (RPMs) on proper scopes of work for planning and conducting site hydrogeological investigations. Review remedial investigation/feasibility study (RI/FS) work plans, RI/FS draft reports, and other technical documents for hydrogeological technical accuracy and content.
- Serve as a senior staff technical authority within the Superfund program to provide groundwater expertise for cleanup projects. Design, supervise and conduct or oversee groundwater investigations.
- Serve as a Remedial Project Manager (RPM) on sites regulated by the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) and the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA). Assess CERCLA hazardous waste sites for the purpose of identifying and measuring public health and welfare and environmental threats, identifying remedial alternatives, and recommending and implementing remedies.
- Participate in a variety of meetings conducted internally, with Agency contractors, with the public, and/or with other Federal and/or State agencies to discuss technical aspects of remediation. Conduct training sessions on hydrogeological investigations and clean-ups, for the Superfund Division and Regional staff.
- Oversee EPA contractors performing hydrogeological field work to ensure that the work conforms to EPA requirements.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.