This position is located in the Research and Scholars Center of the Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM). The overall purpose of the position is to manage the museum’s non-accessioned study photographs and special collection holdings, ensuring an integrated approach to acquisition, organization, accessibility, cataloging and care of archival holdings.Learn more about this agency
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for acquiring and maintaining study photographs and special collections materials.
- Oversees processing, collection care and preservation activities.
- Conducts research to verify historical information, attributions and provenance.
- Performs original descriptive cataloging and creates finding aids for the archival holdings and enters information into automated databases.
- Manages digitization program for the archives.
- Oversees reference activities and helps publicize the collections.
- Coordinates rights and reproduction queries for the archives.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities may also apply to Job Announcement #15R-SB-300648-MPA-SAAM
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/406517900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.