This position serves as a Wildlife Biologist for the Glennallen Field Office located in Glennallen, Alaska.
The salary range given above includes base pay and locality pay, you will also receive a 7.18% cost of living allowance for Glennallen. This allowance is subject to annual review, adjustment and gradual decrease. For additional information about the BLM please visit BLM. Information about locations within Alaska can be found at: Alaska.
Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.
This announcement is being advertised concurrently under BLMAK-15-1425349-ES for current and former federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. This is also being announced at the GS-11 level under Delegated Examining (BLMAK-15-1425350-ES) and Merit Promotion (BLMAK-15-1425351-ES). You must apply to each announcement separately if you wish to be considered under both multiple grades.Learn more about this agency
As a Wildlife Biologist, you will:
- Use various databases to collect, track, and monitor current biological data.
- Compose technical reports from data collected during monitoring stages.
- Enter and access data in various databases and geographic information systems.
- Plan and execute wildlife surveys to determine demographic parameters.
- Interact with the appropriate Federal agencies, State agencies, Native Commissions, villages, councils, and tribes to coordinate aspects of the biological program; management and co-management activities; harvest and harvest reporting; and Marine Mammal Protection Act and Endangered Species Act activities.
For more information on the duties of this position contact the supervisor, Dennis Teitzel at (907) 822-7318.
25% or less - This position requires travel to various destinations by vehicle, boat, or plane.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/406051100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.