About the Agency
Earth Day is every day at EPA! Our diverse workforce connects to more than just a career-we share a common passion to promote a cleaner, healthier environment. We consistently rank as one of the top Federal agencies in which to work, with great benefits and work flexibilities. Find yourself at EPA.
This position is located in Region 5, Water Division, Watersheds & Wetlands Branch, Watersheds Section.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to the state technical contacts on state non-point source (NPS) programs , ensuring those programs are in compliance with the Clean Water Act (CWA).
- Review Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL) and lists of impaired waters, commenting on guidance and regulations. Work to integrate the TMDL program and with related state and federal programs.
- Provide technical assistance on data evaluation, quality assurance, sampling and sample preservation techniques or analytical methodologies to Regional staff, state and local agencies, private industry and the general public.
- Provide assistance and advice to state, local and/or tribal governments on matters relating to the development, execution and monitoring of adequate environmental/scientific policies, plans and programs associated with the TMDL program.
- Assist in the exercise of management responsibilities for the full range of activities, including but not limited to initiating, administering and/or closing out grants, cooperative agreements and/or interagency agreements.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
You will spend 25-50% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.