OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the OIG, Office of Audits and Evaluations (OAE), Financial Integrity Division, Baltimore, MD. The Division conducts reviews of various aspects of financial management, quality control, and fiscal management within VA. The Division analyzes financial data and key processes encompassing accounting, budgeting, invoicing, and payments. Work also includes assessing VA’s accuracy, completeness, integrity, and performance in managing and controlling a wide range of financial programs and operations. The Division also assesses the acquisition, management, and operations of systems used to support its financial programs and operations. Work will include assessments of VA’s compliance with Federal financial management requirements of the Chief Financial Officers’ Act of 1990 and other Federal and VA regulations. Further, the work will focus on determining whether VA has instituted adequate controls to reduce improper payments and strengthen accountability as defined in Office of Management and Budget Circular A-123. Audits and reviews generally offer recommendations to ensure effective controls can prevent or reduce fraud, waste, and abuse and provide maximum resources to meet program objectives and promote economy and efficiency.
As a Management Analyst, you will:
- Identify the required audit coverage to accomplish objectives and assist in the planning and coordination with team members who may be located in several geographic areas during an audit project.
- Develop new audit approaches where no precedents exist and/or develop creative solutions to controversial problems and resolve issues where governing laws and regulations are highly interpretive and/or precedents are nonexistent, obscure, or conflicting.
- Draft surveys and audit debriefs describing results of work and prepare draft audit reports.
- Prepare and/or review work papers; assess findings for incorporation into final audit report; develop audit findings; and ensure sufficient, competent, and relevant evidence is documented to support audit project findings.
- Represent the office on interagency task forces established to study specific audit procedures, and processes, or on joint projects with other OIG offices as required.
- Prepare various types of reports, briefings and testimony that cover all major financial and management aspects of VA programs.
25% or less - Frequently travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens; no prior Federal experience is required.
This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 15-VAOIG-251. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/400770900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.