About the Position: This Pathways position is with the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers' (USACE), U.S. Army Engineer Research & Development Center. This position will be filled under the title and occupational series, Student Trainee (Computer Science), DB-1599-02.
As one of the links in the overall mission of the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers (USACE), the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) is one of the most diverse engineering and scientific research organizations in the world consisting of seven specialized laboratories and combining all research and development (R&D) capabilities of USACE into one organization. The duty station for this position is Alexandria, VA.
NOTE: This position has non-competitive promotion potential to a higher pay band
Click here for more information on Pathways program participants.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program.
The Department of the Army Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in the Department of Army and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. Department of the Army Pathways interns may be converted to a permanent position within 120 days of successful completion of the program.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Interns must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Complete at least 640 hours of work through the Internship Program
- Complete their degree or certificate requirements
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualification standards for the position to which the Intern will be converted
- Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the Participant's Agreement
- Perform their job successfully as documented through performance evaluations and/or completion of an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
To learn more about the Pathways Internship Program, please visit: http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways/program/interns/
Who May Apply: Department of the Army Internship Program Eligibles
Positions are open to students who are currently enrolled in a college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate in computer science.Learn more about this agency
As a Student Trainee (Computer Science) you will serve in a developmental role in a professional discipline under close supervision with a team leader and/or supervisor. Some of the duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting on aspects of scientific research and projects
- Preparing drawings, graphs or charts using project data
- Operating or adjusting various types of laboratory equipment used in conjunction with research
- Programming computer languages
Occasional travel - Business travel is less than 10%.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Student Program Eligibles Local Commuting Area
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/400503100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.