Who May Apply: Current Federal employees serving under career or career-conditional competitive service appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointment authorities. Veterans who are preference eligible or separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 or more years of continuous service may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
******Salaries vary by location******Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position will gather and organize narrative and statistical information using established qualitative and quantitative methods, techniques, and models, such as questionnaires, interviews, standard computer software applications, and data trends. Programs are reviewed and studied to identify problems in duplication, overlapping and continued need.
The incumbent will perform the following:
- apply a full range and sequence of qualitative and quantitative analytical steps;
- researches public policy in order to create evaluations of Medicare, Medicaid, and public health and human service programs;
- analyzes and evaluate the effectiveness of the HHS programs;
- identifies program vulnerabilities and potential waste, fraud, and abuse;
- develops draft findings and recommendations for modifying, revising, or implementing procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the programs;
- extracts and compiles data from a variety of sources and uses statistical applications in the evaluation process;
- communicates clearly and concisely to individuals; and
- develops clear concise reports and other narrative materials.
Occasional travel - 10%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All current or former federal employees with competitive/reinstatement eligibility, CTAP/ ICTAP eligibles in the local commuting area and Veteran Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/400454200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.