About the Agency
Department of Defense (DoD)
Washington Headquarters Services
Special Employment Programs
DUE TO THE ANTICIPATION OF A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL GENERATE, THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ONCE WE RECEIVE 100 APPLICANTS.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO VETERANS CLAIMING PREFERENCE: PLEASE REFER TO THE OTHER INFORMATION SECTION FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON VETERANS PREFERENCE CRITERIA.
MISSION STATEMENT: This position is located in the Department of Defense (DoD), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) Human Resources Directorate (HRD), Pathways Summer Internship Program. Under the general supervision of the Branch Chief, Special Employment Programs the incumbent will be placed in an organization under the daily supervision of a Financial Management Specialist. The majority of these positions are located in the Human Resources Directorate, Washington Headquarters Services.
This position may be filled at the GS-05 grade level. This position is temporary, NTE 10 weeks; but, may be extended up to one year. There is NO promotion potential beyond the grade that you are selected for during the entire time period you are employed under this announcement nor is there an opportunity for conversion to a permanent position.
This position is being filled under the Pathways Internship Program.
**May work part-time as school schedule requires.**
DUE TO THE ANTICIPATION OF A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL GENERATE, THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ONCE WE RECEIVE 100 APPLICANTS.MAJOR DUTIES:
As a Student Trainee (Financial Management) you will be provided development assignments that may include:
· Assist accountants, technicians and analysts in the review and analysis of accounting/financial reports and computerized reports and listings
· Verify, balance and reconcile detailed supporting documentation with listings, automated records, and/or reports, identifying discrepancies among accounts and making necessary adjustments
· Perform trend analysis and variance analysis between different financial reporting periods
· Assist with the investigation of problems through the application of financial and accounting standards
· Receive, review and verify the accuracy and completeness of financial, budget and accounting transactions
· Enter data into accounting systems, comparing transactions entered to those intended, correcting invalid/incorrect entries