Department: Department Of Justice
Agency: Office of Justice Programs
Hiring Organization: Office of Justice Programs (OJP)
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Washington DC, DC View Map
The Office of Justice Programs (OJP) provides innovative leadership to federal, state, local, and tribal justice systems, by disseminating state-of-the art knowledge and practices across America, and providing grants for the implementation of these crime fighting strategies. OJP works in partnership with the justice community to identify the most pressing crime-related challenges confronting the justice system and to provide information, training, coordination, and innovative strategies and approaches for addressing these challenges. OJP is seeking results-oriented professionals to join our team and build solutions to address evidence-based, "smart on crime" approaches in criminal and juvenile justice.
This position is located in the Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), Policy Office. This position will work on bulding the knowledge of BJA staff on policy issues regarding forensic science.
Applications for this position are being processed through an on-line applicant assessment system that has been specifically configured for Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs applicants. Even if you have already developed a resume in USAJOBS, you will need to access this on-line system to complete the application process. To obtain information about this position and TO APPLY, please click on https://www.avuecentral.com/casting/aiportal/control/toVacancy?referenceCode=OBKHG.
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 10 days per year.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Subject to background/suitability investigation/determination.
- Submit all required documents and Online Assessment Questionnaire.
- Federal payments are required to be made by Direct Deposit.
- Requires registration for the Selective Service - visit www.sss.gov
- Requires completion of Declaration for Fed Employment for Suitability form
- 1 year probationary period may be required.