About the Agency
Office: Springfield Field Office
Location: Springfield, IL
Working Hours: 8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday*
* May involve work outside normal working hours (e.g. nights, weekends, holidays, etc.)
Work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, stooping, reaching, some lifting of heavy telecommunications equipment, etc.
GS 7: $39,179.00 - $50,932.00
GS 9: $47,923.00 - $62,297.00
Management has the prerogative to select at any grade for which this position has been announced.
Relocation expenses will be borne by the selectee, except FBI employees returning from Legat assignment.
Employees returning from Legat assignment must advise the Staffing and Administrative Unit, International Operations Division, of their application for this position.
Generally, following a COST TRANSFER you will be eligible for transfer after completing three years in the assignment. Additionally, a NO COST TRANSFER requires a one-year assignment commitment to be eligible for further FBI transfers.
Policy has been implemented wherein support employees entering a position through a competitive OR non-competitive action may be precluded from moving to another position within the Bureau by means of reassignment or change to a lower grade for a minimum of 12 months. This policy does not apply to probationary employees. Probationary employees are generally precluded from being considered for all job opportunities until their 12-month probationary period has concluded.
The FBI must ensure our workforce is fully staffed to continue protecting our nation and combating crime. As a result, the FBI is committed to achieving FY 2014 hiring goals. Effective, May 5, 2014, FBI employees will be precluded from moving to another position within the Bureau by means of promotion, reassignment or change to lower grade unless the new position is career enhancing (Headquarters to Field Offices or Field Offices to Headquarters) or offers a greater promotional potential than the position in which they are currently serving.
- Tests, integrates, installs, and modifies the office's covert and overt telecommunications systems.
- Sets up stand-alone signal and intercept systems.
- As the Private Branch Exchange (PBX) Administrator, is responsible for the maintenance and administration of all telephone switches.
- Conducts weekly review of budget information, reviews and analyzes monthly bills from local telephone companies.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records regarding existing configurations of data circuits.
- Maintains the inventory of all pieces of telecommunications equipment utilizing a local inventory tracking program and the FBI property management application.
- Prepares reports associated with telecommunications services.
- Communicates orally with internal and external entities regarding various telecommunications issues.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This announcement is open to all qualified U.S. citizens.
This position is being advertised concurrently with Announcement Number SI-2014-0028 (FBI). FBI candidates who wish to be considered on External and FBI only certificates must apply to both announcements.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.