Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- These positions will be at the US Army Medical Command, Tripler Army Medical Center, US Army Health Clinic-1 in Schofield Barracks, HI.
- Preferred candidates will have completed an American Psychological Association (APA) accredited doctoral graduate program and an APA accredited predoctoral internship.
- A recruitment or relocation bonus will be authorized.
- Home to the 25th Infantry Division, Schofield Barracks is nestled at the foot of the Waianae mountain range on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. The installation is located a few miles from the towns of Wahiawa and Mililani and is 17 miles from Honolulu. The 17,725-acre Schofield Barracks site was established in 1908 to provide a base for the Army's mobile defense of Pearl Harbor and the entire island. Federal employees are currently entitled to receive a non-taxable, 12.25% cost of living allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Clinical Psychologist at Tripler Army Medical Center, you will:
- Screen and interview patients and perform psychological and bio-psychosocial evaluations.
- Provide timely feedback to Primary Care Managers regarding consultations findings and recommendations.
- Use objective and measurable outcomes to evaluate treatment effectiveness and make adjustments if appropriate for increased compliance and efficacy.
- Conduct psychological and psychometric assessments and formulate behavioral health interventions appropriate to a primary care setting.
- Develop, teach, and provide oversight for classes that promote education and skill-building to enhance psychological and physical health, and promote behavioral change related to improved health status.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 5% Business Travel required.