Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan, - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
You Can Make a Difference!
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the VA Acquisition Academy in Frederick, MD.
This position is also being announced under VY-14-JS-1191068-MP to status candidates. Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply under both announcements.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities, i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities, and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
The incumbent serves as a stakeholder engagement lead to identify operational business needs with senior acquisition leaders that will inform VAAA curriculum development efforts aimed at improving performance of the acquisition function. Major duties include:
· Utilizing information to drive and influence acquisition's continuous improvement efforts based on feedback from internal and external stakeholders
· Collaborating with other entities to leverage Government-wide acquisition training capabilities and reduce redundancy/duplication
· Implementing stakeholder engagement and evaluation methodologies to ensure organization is responsive to business and acquisition workforce development needs
· Serving as Contracting Officer Representative and liaison to facilitate the development of contract-wide requirements, requests for contract packages, etc.
View Assessment Questions
- Occasional Travel
- Some travel may be required