Job Title:Supervisory Airway Transportation Systems Specialist
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:Federal Aviation Administration
Job Announcement Number:AWP-ATO-14-BJB5578-37908
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
Salary includes locality payment of 16.51%. Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) of 12.25% is authorized and is subject to change without notice.
|Friday, August 29, 2014 to
Monday, September 8, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy -
Kahului, HI View Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|FAA Employees - This announcement is open to ATO employees.|
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
About the Agency
Business Component: Air Traffic Organization, Technical Operations, Western Service Area, Honolulu District, Guam Group, Maui System Support Center (SSC)
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) - Employees with status: A fixed relocation payment of $27,000 will be paid.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Designated or Random Drug Testing required.
- A valid state driver's license is required.
- A one-year supervisor/managerial probationary period may be required.
- All Applicants MUST submit their most recent SF-50 (See Required Documents)
DUTIES:Back to top
As the Manager of the System Support Center (SSC), the incumbent is responsible for NAS Services provided from assigned air traffic control and navigational facilities within the District. Each SSC has responsibility for significant portions of the NAS. Incumbent is responsible for the management of resources (people, funds and equipment) to meet the goal of continuous safe and reliable air travel. The incumbent also has responsibility for administrative and technical direction of the assigned staff consisting of specialists, technicians, and other FAA support staff involved in the maintenance of the NAS.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Specialized Experience: To qualify for this position, you must demonstrate in your application that you possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to FV-I or FG/GS-13 in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Work experience may include but not limited to: Experience which demonstrates a knowledge of NAS operations and activities, and ability to plan, organize, evaluate, or monitor the work of others.
Qualifications must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of Leadership and Management Dimension narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each Dimension.
In lieu of providing a Leadership and Management Dimension narrative response in the text box listed below each Dimension, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each Dimension. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your Leadership and Management Dimension answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective factor(s), if applicable, may be further evaluated on the Leadership and Management Dimensions listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: score order, category grouping, or alphabetical and referred to the selecting official for consideration.
Leadership and Management Dimensions
1. Managerial Selection Factor 1: Ability to Achieve Results - Successful managers promote a sense of individual responsibility, professionalism, and pride for organizational performance. They set clear individual and unit or organizational performance objectives. They adjust the way work is performed to meet changing conditions and demands. They hold individuals accountable for achieving their performance objectives; and, they recognize and reward high performance. They take into account a variety of complex factors; and, they stay alert to changing customer needs and challenges. They evaluate business successes and failures and apply lessons learned.
2. Managerial Selection Factor 2: Ability to Lead People - Successful managers create an environment in which people thrive and accomplish their best. They use teamwork effectively to achieve business results. They ensure equal opportunity for all employees or applicants through compliance with applicable EEO laws and regulations. They capitalize on the full range of talent to enhance team performance; and, they provide feedback to employees to support their development. They consider the future talent needs of the unit or organization and implement appropriate workforce planning.
3. Managerial Selection Factor 3: Skill in Building Relationships - Successful managers communicate openly and honestly. They pay attention and communicate understanding. They foster open communication and exchange of ideas and knowledge. They consistently treat others with respect; and, they handle emotionally charged or controversial issues responsibly. They work collaboratively to resource and achieve critical priorities. They present viewpoints with courage and conviction; and, they make tough decisions and stand behind them.
4. Managerial Selection Factor 4: Ability to Lead Change - Successful managers build a shared vision with others across their organization. They plan for changing trends that can affect operations. They will change viewpoints, behavior and work methods in response to new information. They anticipate barriers and resistance to change and seek solutions. They recover quickly from setbacks; and, they handle complex or ambiguous situations effectively. They demonstrate a positive attitude to achieving results.
5. Technical: Knowledge of FAA and Technical Operations organizational and technical components.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that your work experience supports your Leadership and Management Dimensions answers. Your answers and associated work experience will be evaluated further to validate whether the answers that you selected are appropriate. Answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated.
To preview the application questionnaire, click the following link: View Application Questionnaire
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must apply online to receive consideration. Your application must have a status of "Submitted"
by 11:59 PM Eastern Time
on the Close Date for it to be accepted. If you are applying for positions associated with FAA registers, your application must have a status of "Submitted"
each time a referral list is created in order to receive consideration for positions associated with register.IN DESCRIBING YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE OR EDUCATION.
We strongly encourage applicants to utilize the USAJOBS resume builder in the creation of resumes.
Please ensure EACH work history includes ALL of the following information:
- Job Title (include series and grade if Federal Job)
- Duties (be specific in describing your duties)
- Employer's name and address
- Supervisor name and phone number
- Start and end dates including month, day and year (e.g. June 18 2007 to April 05 2008)
- Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
Determining length of General or Specialized Experience is dependent on the above information and failure to provide ALL of this information may result in a finding of ineligible.
You may upload completed documents to your USAJOBS Account. This will provide you the opportunity to utilize the uploaded information again when applying for future vacancies. Please see this guide, Document Upload Guide, for more information on uploading and re-using the documents in your applications.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS - FAA Employees. All applicants MUST provide a copy of their most recent SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) which verifies current position, title, series, grade, tenure, and organization or record.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Candidates for FAA positions are evaluated using our Automated Vacancy Information Access Tool for Online Referral (AVIATOR) system.
AVIATOR compares your skills and experience as described in your application with the requirements of the position.
If you are found to be an eligible, highly-qualified candidate, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration.
(In some cases, individuals with priority for special consideration must be considered and selected before other candidates.)
Whether or not you are contacted for an interview depends upon the location of the position and the judgment of the selecting official.
- If you make any change to your application, you must resubmit it.
If you change your application and do not resubmit it, your changes will not be considered part of your application package, and your previous application will be considered.
FAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of political affiliation,
race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
age, disability, or other non-merit factors. DOT provides reasonable accommodations
to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of
the application and hiring process, please notify us. Decisions on granting reasonable
accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Additional information on reasonable
accommodations procedures or on EEO Programs is available on Office of Civil Rights (ACR)
contacting the local FAA Civil Rights Office.