Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is
within the Office of Acquisition and Logistics, Technology
Acquisition Center in Austin, Texas.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
- Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
- ICTAP/CTAP eligibles
- Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
- Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
- Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
- Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
- Transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
As a Contract Specialist in the IT
Operations/System Acquisition Division, the job incumbent will be responsible
the full range of pre-award and post-award functions
in contracting, including negotiation, award, cost analysis, and administration
functions for market wide contracts or complex/master contracts for supplies,
services, related to the acquisitions in support of VA and Technology Acquisition
providing advice, assistance, and technical
direction to customers and program managers ensuring that the development of contractual
and legally sufficient statements of work, surveillance plans, etc, are
· researching, planning, developing, and
issuing solicitations for contracting requirements including such services as
consolidated contracts, complex, unique, specified program requirements,
environmentally sensitive services, those which lack historical precedent, and
those that require unusual and innovative approaches.
View Assessment Questions