Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, visit our Website at http://www.mcc.gov to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff is undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the Millennium Challenge Corporation!
MCC's mission is to reduce poverty through economic growth. Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCC's values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
This is a NONREIMBURSABLE Detail assignment not to exceed one (1) year and may be extended. This detail assignment will offer you an opportunity to gain unique insight into smart U.S. Government assistance in action, benefiting both developing countries and U.S. taxpayers and MCC's role in helping lead the fight against global poverty.
This position is located in the Department of Administration and Finance (A&F), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). The Department of Administration and Finance is responsible for planning and directing all activities related to financial management and budgeting; human resources management; information technology infrastructure, resource, and website management; procurement and acquisition; personal security; facilities management; administrative services; and corporate records management.
Applicant's current Agency must approve the assignment and an applicant's current agency will not be reimbursed for salary and any other expenses. A Detailee is an employee of an United States Government agency on assignment or loan therefore, the applicant MUST BE A CURRENT FEDERAL EMPLOYEE TO BE CONSIDERED. All other applicants will NOT be considered. Applicants who are referred to the Selecting Official will be required to gain written supervisory approval from their Home Agency before starting this detail assignment.
While on detail, you will serve as a project manager (IT specialist) responsible for activities associated with the installation and integration of computer, network, cabling and audio visual components to satisfy the physical move and business processing requirements of the Millennium Challenge Corporation. Some of the duties you will be performing are:
- Leading the OCIO effort as a project manager coordinating all Information Technology/Audio Visual activities across the OCIO Divisions (Infrastructure, Enterprise Applications, Information Assurance, End-User Support Services, and Planning and Governance) and in coordination with MCCs larger lease team.
- Assisting in the evaluation of network infrastructure, computer systems, data storage and recovery systems or automated IT operations systems enhancements necessary to incorporate changes to existing or implementation of new applications and equipment.
- Evaluations include design intent drawings, hardware proposals and other artifacts provided by the General Contractor and AV/IT Consultants. Studies resulting analyses and problem definitions and makes recommendations.
- Preparing Statements of Work defining A/V, video stream, and VTC requirements.
- Evaluating technical and cost proposals and you may serve as the Contracting Officers Representative (COR) for large scale/enterprise wide contracts and purchase orders.
- Preparing studies which include various alternatives, their costs and benefits, and making recommendations on the best technical solution. Recommending alternatives and improvements in technology, and in designing new systems, or reconfiguring existing ones.
- Building strategy to ensure a successful build or move of all systems and telecommunications services.
- Determining/assessing new hardware requirements.
- Building and maintaining project plans; tracking completion of action items.
- Preparing and delivering communications to stakeholders.