All required documents listed below, that are applicable to you, must be submitted to our automated system "Gateway to State" by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
1. Resume - your resume or any other written format you choose should contain the required information as specified in the “How You Will Be Evaluated” section. Insufficient information will result in an ineligible rating.
2. A completed online job specific self-assessment questionnaire through the Department’s automated system “Gateway to State”.
3. Transcripts - if you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed under the Qualifications and Evaluations section, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript(s) with your application. If selected, an official/sealed college transcript(s) will be required to verify education prior to employment.
4. Performance Appraisal - All current Federal employees and reinstatement eligible applicants must submit a copy of your most recent completed annual performance appraisal that includes the final rating. If a performance appraisal does not exist, is incomplete or unavailable, a Form DS-1812 (Applicant Appraisal)
or equivalent form from another agency signed by the current supervisor is acceptable. Mid-year progress reviews will not be accepted.
5. All current Federal employees and reinstatement eligible applicants must submit an SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, documenting proof of competitive status, tenure, position, grade level and step.
6. All non-competitive eligible applicants must submit proof of eligibility (i.e., SF-50 documenting the full performance level of a position held on a permanent basis).
7. Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions (honorable or general discharge) after 3 or more years of continuous active service may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunities act (VEOA). You must submit a DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (Member Copy 4 is preferable) showing the dates you served as well as your type of discharge and qualifying service campaign medals OR if you are still on active duty, you MUST submit a statement of service from your command/unit, which states the date you entered active duty, your expected discharge type and date, and the campaign medals you have received that proves your military service was performed under honorable conditions.
For Sole Survivorship preference, you must provide a copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy 4 is preferable
) or another form of official documentation which shows your discharge or release from active duty occurred on or after August 29, 2008 and was based on a sole survivorship discharge. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, in addition to the DD-214, you must also submit a current version of the SF-15 (Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference), dated October 2013,
and the required supporting documents listed on that form. Previous editions of the SF-15 will not be accepted. For more information on veterans' preference see http://www.fedshirevets.gov.If the appropriate information is not submitted to confirm the discharge status, dates of service, etc., you will not be considered for this job opportunity as a preference eligible. To gain access to your DD-214 online, please visit: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/get-service-records.html
Current Federal employees applying under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) must submit a qualifying SF-50 to show you meet time-in-grade requirements. For more information on Veteran Authorities, consult the Vet Guide at: http://www.opm.gov/employ/veterans/html/vetguide.asp
8. If you are qualifying based on other criteria listed under the Qualification Section of this announcement, you must submit the required supporting documentation (certificates, certifications, etc.) with your application by the closing date.
9. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles must submit a copy of the appropriate documentation with their application. See links below:ICTAP ConsiderationsCTAP Considerations
10. If you are applying under a special hiring authority you MUST submit proof of eligibility with your application. For information related to special hiring authorities for veterans visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx. For information related to special hiring authorities for severely disabled persons visit: http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp All documentation, applicable to you, must be submitted by the closing date of this announcement. If the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility or you fail to submit any of the required documents, it will disqualify you from being considered for this job opportunity.