Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Screen Out Element: Ability to do the Work of a Munitions Tester Without More Than Normal Supervision
Your resume will be evaluated on the following job elements (K,S,A,Cs):
Knowledge of Materials
Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc (other than blueprints)
Technical Practices as it relates to the position of Munitions Tester
Dexterity and Safety
Physical effort: The physical demands of this position range from light to heavy in physical exertions due to the equipment set-up requirements, type of materials and components. Work may require long periods of standing and walking. Occasionally required to stoop, bend, kneel and work in tiring or uncomfortable positions. Mental alertness, manual dexterity and good eyesight are required. Incumbent is required to pass examination for color vision and for near vision.
Working Conditions: Subject to numerous hazardous conditions due to handling or association with chemicals, explosive munitions and radiographic elements. Included are toxic and skin irritating chemcials, fire hazards, explosive munitions and injurious rays (x-ray, laser). Most of the incumbents work will be performed indoors in well lighted, heated and ventilated buildings. Some ofthe work will be performed outdoors on a live fire test range. Incumbent is subject to moderate exposure to rain, cold/hot weather, noise and fumes from test operations. Wears protective devices such as hearing protection, protective footwear, laser eyewear and safety glasses.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires pre-employment and annual physicals.
- This position is covered by the Civilian Drug Abuse Testing Program. Incumbent is required to sign a DA Form 5019-R, "Condition of Employment for certain civilian positions identified as critical under the Drug Abuse Testing Program", or a memorandum of understanding as well as submit to pre-employment and random drug testing.
- This position requires incumbent to obtain and maintain an Arms, Ammunition and Explosives Security Certification and Screening.
- This position requires the incumbent to be certified Level 2 in Radiographic Testing (RT) under the National Aerospace Standard, NAS 410 or American Society for Nondestructive Testing Standard, ASNT CP-189.
- This position requires a Confidential Security Clearance.
- This position is subject to the Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968 which makes it a felony for anyone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony crime of domestic violence to ship, transport, possess or receive firearms or ammunition.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.