Eligibility to apply for other Federal positions:
TSA is an Excepted Service agency exempt from most of Title 5 United States Code, including regulations which apply to displaced Federal employees (CTAP/ICTAP) of other agencies, and employment with TSA does not confer "Competitive Status" that generally results from selection and service in Competitive Service agencies. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has established an Interchange Agreement, which allows most permanent TSA employees to apply and be considered for vacancies in Competitive Service agencies. Information from OPM on this or other Interchange Agreements is available at: http://www.opm.gov
To ensure the accomplishment of our mission, DHS requires every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo and successfully pass a background investigation as a condition of placement into this position.
TSA employees who are absent for the purpose of performing military duty may apply for any vacancies announced in their absence.
Payment of relocation expenses (Permanent Change of Station) is not authorized.
Qualified non-competitive eligible candidates may be referred for consideration on a separate, unranked list.
More than one position may be filled from this announcement.
This position is within the Technical category of TSA's Core Compensation Plan.Conditions of Employment
include but are not limited to:
Supervisory/Managerial Probationary Period Requirements:
- Traversing rough terrain and uneven surfaces, prolonged standing, bending, and stooping to observe work operations, ability to climb into aircraft baggage holds, rail cars, aircraft and other transportation equipment.
- Driving or traveling by motor vehicle and occasionally involves regular and reoccurring exposure to moderate risk or discomforts that require special safety precautions.
- Passing a Background Investigation (BI) and maintaining eligibility for a clearance at the Secret level.
- Successfully completing the Basic Transportation Security Inspections Course.
- Undertaking extensive travel, at times overnight, as required.
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Must be available for "on call" work and be available for duty within the U.S. and possibly worldwide to protect U.S. transportation interests.
- Must be available to work various shifts, including frequently changing and uncommon tours of duty.
- You must pass pre-employment Drug Screening AND you will be subject to post-employment random drug and alcohol testing.
Unless previously completed, the person selected for this position must satisfactorily complete a one-year probationary period to continue in this supervisory/managerial position.