This position is located within PAC/PC21.
If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.
- Serves as Senior Systems Electronics Engineer, specializing in the management of DoDIN Unified Communications (UC) to include Video Teleconferencing (VTC) programs and systems networks, and IP-based Web Conferencing programs and systems.
- As Senior Systems Engineer for DoDIN Unified Communication (UC) systems in the Pacific Theater, incumbent is responsible for design, engineering, procurement, implementation, testing, interface and operational direction and system control of DoDIN UC systems.
- Performs program management functions for DoDIN UC programs such as the DVS (DISN Video Services).
- Develops, plans, schedules, sets priorities, and determines individual assignments for the section in managing UC program goals and projects.
- Assesses UC suite and architecture requirements at various locations within DISA PAC and/or the USPACOM area of responsibility. Oversees room design and upgrades for technical and technological adequacy. Plans and programs current and future UC budget justifications.
- Participates as a member of UC Working Groups and Configuration Control Boards to keep apprised of and resolve Pacific Theater UC issues and problems, and to ensure that future DoDIN Global VTC systems fully incorporate theater requirements.
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 25%