As the Security Officer you will provide authoritative information and assistance to the COMPACFLT Staff and subordinate activities on personnel security policies, personnel security investigative requirements, adverse security determinations, representing the organization in personnel security matters, developing policies and procedures to be used. Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Develop and implement physical, information, and personnel security policies for COMPACFLT and Pacific Fleet Echelon III commands.
· Design and develop protection systems and devices to ensure security of information, material, and equipment.
· Manage and monitor the document control program.
· Serve as the COTR (Contracting Officer Technical Representative) for COMPACFLT security contracts.
· Lead the COMPACFLT Security Working Group and maintains records of committee meetings.
· Provide specifications for new constructions on physical security of material.
· Coordinate the Loss Prevention programs.
· Coordinate the command's security education program.
· Manage the JPAD/JCAVS (Joint Personnel Adjudication System/Joint Clearance and Access Verification) systems.
· Responsible for the personnel security program including Top Secret clearances and NACI (National Agency Check) Investigations, personnel suitability.
· Serve as the primary office contact responsible for handling all electronic spillages of information.
· Act as the commands' Top Secret Control Officer.
· Administer and operate the Badge Access program for COMPACFLT.
· Supervise the Assistant Security Manager.