Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Denver Acquisition & Logistics Center (DALC) in Golden, CO.
The closing date of this announcement is extended to September 11, 2014.
Area of Consideration: To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
- Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
- ICTAP/CTAP eligibles
- Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
- Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
- Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
- Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
- Transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
- Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA) allows appointments of eligible veterans up to the GS-11 level
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
This is a call center position.
The Program Support Assistant at the GS-07 level of this position will function as a Veteran Services Support Technician and will be a frontline representative responsible for placing orders received from clinics and veterans at the DALC. Specifically, the Program Support Assistant will:
- Provide direct assistance to clinical specialists with the DALC's Remote Order Entry System (ROES) software for ordering items, conducting model changes, registering a veteran's devices, entering a veteran's eligibility, making serial number changes, evaluating duplicate records, locating patient records, etc.
- Process transactions for the placement of orders including hearing aid devices and accessories, assistive devices, batteries, orthotic soft goods, prosthetic socks, and telehealth equipment for the visually impaired.
- Process orders accurately and timely, evaluating orders to determine the appropriateness of the priority level, ensuring that the veteran has the appropriate eligibility and that the requested items meet order guidelines, and processing Government credit card orders for payment of charges
- Screen and categorize incoming document, file and maintain records, and maintain tracking spreadsheets for orders and phone calls, credit card reconciliation, quality control, etc.
- Provide advice to the Division Chief on the technical aspects of office procedures and policy such as personnel administration, work allocations, supply management, file management, and order processing guidelines
: At the GS-05/06 levels the Program Support Assistant will complete training and perform developmental assignments of progressively increasing responsibility in preparation for the duties outlined above for the target GS-07 level.
View Assessment Questions
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 5% travel may be required for training.