Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within Hines Fiscal Service in Hines, IL.
Area of Consideration: To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
- Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
- ICTAP/CTAP eligibles
- Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
- Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
- Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
- Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
- Transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
- Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA) allows appointments of eligible veterans up to the GS-11 level
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
The incumbent of this position
serves in the Office of Acquisition and Logistics Hines Fiscal as a Systems and
Procedures Analyst. Major duties for this position include:
- Monitoring delivery, accounts
payable, accounts receivable, collection of accounts receivable, and other
- Assisting in facilitating the work
of financial personnel and higher graded personnel
- Assisting in the implementation of
accounting systems and procedures enhancements
- Analyzing input, files maintenance,
ledger balances, reports, etc.
View Assessment Questions
- Occasional Travel
- Some travel may be required