About the Agency
This position is located in the Division of Home and Community Life within the National Museum of American History (NMAH). The employee serves as Museum Curator (Home and Community Life) and is responsible for carrying out the research, collections development and management, exhibitions development, public service and education and outreach ensuring to meet the mission of the museum.
- Researches American history through objects and collections as well as traditional primary and secondary written and printed sources of documentation in areas that stretch from the colonial era to present.
- Operates independently to collect and manage large and diverse collections that provide the basis for interpreting American textile history in the context of the American experience.
- Plans and develops exhibition concepts for showcase and similar exhibitions or as part of a larger exhibition team.
- Develops and maintains scholarly contacts, lectures at professional meetings, and develops and participates in public and other educational programs.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.