TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.
Do your career "Justice" by working with DOJ, which has been ranked in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Come and join the nation's law enforcement agency, where our most important resource is our people. The Department leads the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. Become a member of a team where you can achieve your career goals and apply your skills and talents to our important mission. All applicants for employment with DEA must possess and maintain the highest levels of character and conduct. DEA will evaluate applicants' qualifications based on these qualities. Once a conditional offer is made, DEA will conduct a continuous evaluation of information, as it is obtained, to ensure that the prospective employees with DEA meet the agency-specific qualifications in the areas of character and conduct. To this end, the unfavorable decision in any of the areas that follow will be deemed as disqualifying: Drug Policy Requirements (as specified in this announcement), Credit History, Candor and Honesty, Work History, History with the Law, and other qualities that would detract from the integrity and efficiency of the DEA.
POSITION WILL BE FILLED SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All U.S Citizens
This position is located in the Houston Division, Corpus Christi, TX.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Initiate and maintain procedures for receipt, storage, and disposition of non-drug evidence and bulk marijuana.
- Revise or modify procedures as necessary.
- Serve as systems administrator for the Enhanced Non-Drug Evidence Database System (E-Neds).
- Create and maintain automated records of evidence, vault inventory and procedures bar code labels on all items for custody tracking.
- Ensure that evidence is stored in an orderly fashion for quick retrieval.
- Arrange for disposition, destruction, or return of evidence.
- Determine appropriate disposition method, arrange returns, donations, or destruction.
- Identify appropriate disposal or destruction agency or facility, ensure compliance with all environmental requirements; arrange security support; organize and supervise loading, transport, and uploading; and witness disposition or destruction at the site.
- Responsible for the custody, processing, and final disposition of received monies and non-forfeitable property.
- May testify at trials regarding the chain of custody of evidence.