About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Performs carpentry duties including fabrication, installation, repair, and general construction of items and structures such as doors, windows, partitions, stairways, steps, flooring, and scaffolding with metal studs and metal door jambs. Installs tiles.
- Paints in connection with maintenance and protective painting.
- Maintains plumbing fixtures and clears minor clogged drains.
- Re-lampings light fixtures.
- Makes minor electrical repairs to OFMR equipment such as vacuum cleaners, buffers, and space heaters.