About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Performs carpentry duties including fabrication, installation, repair, and general construction of items and structures such as doors, windows, partitions, stairways, steps, flooring, and scaffolding with metal studs and metal door jambs. Installs tiles.
- Paints in connection with maintenance and protective painting.
- Maintains plumbing fixtures and clears minor clogged drains.
- Re-lampings light fixtures.
- Makes minor electrical repairs to OFMR equipment such as vacuum cleaners, buffers, and space heaters.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.
Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities should apply to Job Announcement #14R-JC-299698-MPA-OFEO.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.