About the Agency
This position is located in the Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR), Office of Facilities Engineering and Operations (OFEO), Smithsonian Institution. The employee leads or assists with building/facilities management to include daily facilities operations and maintenance functions, and manages a large staff of employees for a large facility or group of facilities (such as a museum or complex building).
- Plans and carries out building management and facilities operations and maintenance duties.
- Supervises from 15 to 100 permanent Smithsonian employees (i.e., building services workers, equipment operators, maintenance mechanics, crafts and trades, administrative staff, operating engineers), as well as contractor services. Develops and plans staffing requirements, work schedules, priorities, training, and evaluations of all subordinate staff.
- Strategizes and coordinates information from the automated facility system to include manager reimbursable work, work tickets, and requests for building services for the tenants of units.
- Updates and obtains reports and performs analyses through the use of the automated database system.
- Provides oversight of coordination for receiving, evaluating, directing, processing, and following up on all work requests from occupants. Reviews all work requests for consistency with facility standards and policy in regards to safety, security, design and appearance, facility engineering, and collections management.
- Provides information and liaison regarding physical plant programs and related matters to occupants of facilities, the Smithsonian at-large, and visitors.