If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, this is the position for you! With a diverse and talented workforce of over 100,000 men and women, Justice leads the Nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. You will be part of a dedicated team helping to enforce Federal criminal and civil laws that protect life, liberty, and the property of citizens.
The United States Attorneys Office is a great place to work. The Department of Justice ranked #5 out of 33 large Federal cabinet agencies and the Executive Office for United States Attorneys/United States Attorneys Offices ranked #55 out of 240 agency subcomponents in a study, "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government, 2013 Ratings" published by the Partnership for Public Service. See www.bestplacestowork.org.
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
This position is also being announced to All U.S. Citizens and Nationals under 14-OHN-1195452-DE.
To view the entire announcement, including instructions on how to apply, click on tabs above.
If selected for this position, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for providing office automation and clerical support in the United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Ohio. Typical work assignments will include:
- Answering and transferring telephone calls as appropriate using a multi-line phone system;
- Providing general information and responding to inquiries from callers or visitors;
- Notifying staff members of visitors or incoming telephone calls;
- Transporting mail (carrying or using a hand cart) to and from building mailroom;
- Sorting, date/time stamping incoming mail and distributing into appropriate mail slots;
- Lifting boxes, packages and envelopes onto postage machine to apply postage;
- Preparing shipping labels for outgoing Express Mail;
- Ensuring documents are in proper format, spelling, punctuation, capitalization and grammar;
- Providing a variety of clerical tasks, i.e., maintaining logs, schedules and assembling files.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.