The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your States and your community!
THIS POSITION CLOSES AT 11:59 PM EST
NG MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an exc service posn that requires membership in a compatible mil assignment in the NG. Selectee will be required to wear the mil uniform. Acceptance of an excepted posn constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the NG must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the NG in the mil grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE MILITARY (NE ARMY NG) PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 1-402-309-7458
This posn is located in a STHQ directorate or div level office. The purpose of this posn is to serve as the analyst/consultant for the management and administration of programs within the directorate or div. Serves as key coordination point for all program requirements. This work requires knowledge of management principles, organizational theory and techniques of analysis. Knowledge of agency admin guidance and operating procedure coupled with analytical ability is required to develop information required by the chief to determine feasibility and legality of proposed program and operational plans.
CONCURRENT TECHNICIAN ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: NEAR-14-197
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION OF POSITION: G3, Lincoln, NE
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Dual Status Army (Excepted Service) Enlisted or Warrant Officer position only.
Open Area of Consideration: 1 and 2
DEFINITION OF AOCS:
Area 1-Current perm and indef bargaining unit techs of the NE Army or Air NG
Area 2-All Drill Status/M-Day members and temp techs of the NE Air or Army NG
Area 3-Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the NE Air or Army NG
Area 4-All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the NE Air or Army NG. Selected indiv must become a member of the respective NE NG prior to the eff date of hire
REFERRAL OF APPLICANTS: QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE REFERRED TO THE SELECTING OFFICIAL IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER:
1. Fully qual Area 1
2. Fully qual Area 2
(1) Reviews, evaluates and analyzes obligations and expenditures. Prepares directorate or division summaries from reports submitted by Major Subordinate Command (MSC)*. Summarizes and interprets significant data collected and relates this data to the organizations program actions; identifies and analyzes deficiencies in resource consumption, training, workload and scheduling, and evaluates deviations from standards, plans, and estimates to determine cause and impact on missions.
(2) Assists management in interpretation and utilization of reports and information provided. Develops various visual media to present trends, performance status, capability and related management information. Aids functional areas in identifying areas of record documentation and procedures that can be streamlined, combined or improved and initiates methods to operate under the new or revised system. Implements management control plans.
(3) Provides recommendations to subordinate organizations for proper management of programs. Recommends funding allocations and monitors expenditure to ensure allocations are being utilized as planned and are not being exceeded. Adjusts allocations as needed. Report expenditure status to management and National Guard Bureau (NGB) as required.
(4) Based on budget guidance received from higher headquarters, develops an annual budget for programs. Reviews prior and current budget/funding trends, compiles funding projections and prepares funding recommendations. Anticipates requirements for program funds by reviewing execution plans and recommends appropriate action such as reprogramming funds from one program to another to correcting funding shortfalls. This requires close coordination with major subordinate commands and comptroller personnel, and an in-depth understanding of the status of the projects and contracts, their completion status and their significance to ensure that the recommendations made with allow for the successful completion of management programs. Reviews the status of program milestones requests payment of funds after it has been determined that the requirements have been properly satisfied.
(5) Researches and interprets personnel and training regulations, DA Pam's, Circulars, and NGB guidance. Works concurrently with management to develop state program policies and procedures. Provides advice and assistance to management on accountability and legality of operating programs. As needed, makes MSC assistance visits to ensure policies and procedures are being adhered to. Conducts training for proper management and accountability of programs.