Qualifications are in accordance with requirements in Handbook 27-PM.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date in this announcement.
You may start at the CO-04 level if you have one of the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of two years of education above high school in an accredited business, secretarial or technical, junior college, college or university in any field in which high school graduation or the equivalent is a prerequisite may be substituted for experience. OR
- One year general experience of progressively responsible clerical, office work, or equal background in the operations of a farm or ranch that indicates the ability to acquire the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the duties of this position.
You may start at the CO-05 level if you have one of the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of four years of education above high school in an accredited business, secretarial or technical, junior college, college or university in any field in which high school graduation or the equivalent is a prerequisite may be substituted for specialized experience. OR
- One year specialized experience applying office methods and procedures to provide clerical and limited technical support to any farm or agricultural program.
You may start at the CO-06 level if you have the following qualifications:
- One year specialized experience applying office methods and procedures to provide clerical and limited technical support to process and service farm or agricultural programs.
You may start at the CO-07 level if you have the following qualifications:
- One year specialized experience applying office methods and procedures to provide clerical and limited technical support to independently perform a full range of farm program processes. Experience that shows your ability to perform progressively more complex, responsible, or difficult duties: and that shows your ability to learn the specific work of this position.
If you are qualifying for the CO-04 or CO-5 level.
College Transcript: If you are qualifying based on education, you must submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned. You must submit evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. education standards with your resume.
You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process. Please refer to the “How to Apply, Alternative Methods for Submitting Your Application Materials” section, for instructions on submitting the transcript.
NOTE: Your college transcript is used to verify successful completion of degree, or college course work. An official college transcript will be required before you can report to duty.
Must be 18 years of age or 17 years of age for high school graduates.
Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
Initial appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of training.
Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. The position may require a Confidential, Secret, or Top Secret security clearance or be subject to a Public Trust background investigation at the time of appointment, and may be subject to reinvestigation every five years thereafter. A favorable adjudication of the clearance or background investigation at the time of appointment and on reinvestigations is a condition of employment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
HOW TO WRITE A KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSA)
All applicants will be considered on the basis of their education, experience, supervisory appraisal, training, awards and education as it relates to the qualification requirements and on the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) listed below. There are no special forms for these statements. They may be submitted on plain paper with your name and the announcement number at the top. You should include specific tasks performed, the dates you performed them, and where you were working at the time. KSA statements may not be more than 2 single-spaced pages per KSA.
Candidates who do not submit the supplemental statements will not be considered.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Knowledge of FSA Farm Programs and practices.
- Skill in using computers.
To view the application form, visit: https://fsaco.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=e148b885-4021-446e-8d2b-a3880106ce68