About the Agency
This position is for an Accounting Technician, ZS-0525-02/03/04 (full performance level ZS-04) located in Germantown, Maryland working for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, OCFO/Finance Office, Accounting and Operations Division.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZS-02 is equivalent to the GS-3/4. The ZS-03 is equivalent to the GS-5/6. The ZS-04 is equivalent to the GS-7/8.
This position is also announced under vacancy number SO-CFO-2014-0017 (MAP) which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
*This vacancy may be used to fill other Accounting Technician, ZS-0525-02/03/04 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.:within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Perform a range of accounting functions for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), and Economic Development Administration (EDA) receivables.
- Prepare and code bills and collections, including use of Treasury IPAC system;
- Perform analysis and reconciliation of day-to-day receivable and loan program accounts;
- Perform general reconciliations, resolving problems, and working with other accounting technicians, operating accountants, and systems accountants to correct problems with transactions;
- Assist in preparing the quarterly Treasury Report on Receivables (TROR);
- Document receivable and loan program accounting data to assure a proper audit trail;
- Work with customers in resolving receivable and loan program issues with regards to billings, collections, and debt collection.