About the Agency
This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Service, Pacific Islands Regional Office (PIRO) in Honolulu, Hawaii.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZA-2 is equivalent to the GS-7/9.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-PIR-2014-0038, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
Salary Range for ZA-2: $39,985-$70,020
Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) for Honolulu, Hawaii is 12.25% of the locality salary, and is not federally taxed. The COLA is not reflected in the locality salaries shown in this vacancy announcement.
*This vacancy may be used to fill other Support Services Specialist, ZA-0342-02 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
Additional Requirements (such as travel, training required after appt, etc): Some travel required. Incumbent must be able to acquire and maintain a U.S. DOC warrant for contracting less than $150,000 procurement's within one year of appointment.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Provide administrative, property management, procurement (of services, supplies and equipment), acquisition (under the Federal Acquisitions Simplified Acquisitions Procedures), customer service, and supply support to PIRO.
- Serve as property custodian for five divisions, responsible for inventory and control of non-IT personal property.
- Monitor, audit, and maintain employee time and attendance.
- Occasional Travel
- Estimated 1% travel which may include domestic.