Agency: U.S. Agency for International Development
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Washington DC, DC View Map
- Current/former permanent Federal employees: 1) in the competitive service; 2) in the excepted service but under an interchange agreement; or 3) eligible for reinstatement.
- Veterans eligible for veterans preference or who separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after 3+ years of continuous military service (the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act).
- People eligible for special hiring programs under a non-competitive appointment authority.
IF YOU ARE NOT A STATUS CANDIDATE, PLEASE APPLY TO AID-14-0251-KA, which is open to all U.S. citizens. If you are a status candidate, and you would like to be considered under both announcements, you must submit complete applications for both by the closing date of the announcements. One selection will be made from either this announcement or announcement AID-14-0251-KA.
ABOUT OUR AGENCY: USAID is an independent Federal Government agency that receives overall foreign policy guidance from the Secretary of State. With headquarters in Washington, USAID fosters transformational development around the world. Our work supports economic growth and trade; agriculture and the environment; education and training; democracy and governance; global health; global partnerships; and humanitarian assistance. We operate in Sub-Saharan Africa; Asia and the Near East; Latin America and the Caribbean; and Europe and Eurasia.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY: This position is located in the USAID Bureau for Management's Office of the Chief Information Officer (M/CIO), Information Technology Operations Division. If selected, you will serve within M/CIO as the Branch Chief, Infrastructure Operations.
You will serve in a dual capacity as both a first-line supervisor of technical and administrative staff and as an information technology (IT) expert whose authoritative recommendations help shape USAID-wide policies and practices related to the design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new or existing applications software.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- Must be registered with the Selective Service, if applicable
- May be required to serve supervisory/managerial probationary period
- May be required to serve a one-year probationary period
- Must possess relevant experience (see qualifications below)