About the Agency
The Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) is the nation's fully accredited federal school of medicine and graduate school of nursing. Its education, research and consultation programs are unique, related directly to military medicine, tropical diseases, disasters medicine, military medical readiness and adaptation to extreme environments. We prepare outstanding scientists and health care practitioners for careers in service to the nation.
This position is located in the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Department of Medicine. The incumbent provides direct support to the Chair Department of Medicine in the management of faculty academic teaching selections. Also serves as the principle administrative point of contact for the academic appointment and promotion process. Maintaining information for faculty members located at military and civilian teaching hospitals worldwide.
As a Program Administration Specialist duties include but are not limited to:
· Providing Board Members with material necessary to carry out the selection of faculty appointed or promoted.
· Supporting management with the appointment of new faculty members (i.e. letters of recommendation, command approvals etc.) for the process of submission.
· Compiling extensive documents into one file for the submission of academic promotion proposals.
· Conducting annual reviews of teaching faculty to obtain promotion eligibility requirements for the Chairperson to evaluate.
· Assembling material required for faculty appointments or promotions (i.e. letters of recommendation, command approvals etc.) for the process of submission.