About the Agency
This position is located in the Office of Equal Employment and Minority Affairs (OEEMA), Supplier Diversity Program at the Smithsonian Institution. The employee is responsible for conducting analysis and development and implementation of policies and procedures as they relate to supplier diversity.
- Plans and executes a variety of studies and analyses of the Smithsonian's utilization of small and disadvantaged businesses to assess operational effectiveness and to identify areas in need of improvement.
- Formulates and recommends policies, regulations, procedures and plans to the Associate Director for the Supplier Diversity Program for operating to expand and enhance procurement opportunities for small, minority- and women-owned businesses within the framework of national laws, regulations and directives.
- Provide advice and assistance to small and disadvantaged businesses on how to conduct business with the Smithsonian, as well as, participate in meetings with other government agencies regarding the utilization of small and disadvantaged businesses.
- Monitors Smithsonian's progress towards meeting its annual procurement preference goals and routinely report to the Associate Director for the Supplier Diversity Program on Smithsonian's progress in meeting these established goals.
- Oversees and develops reports required by Congress, the Small Business Administration (SBA), Department of Commerces Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA), Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP), other agencies and the general public.
- Conducts training of contracting and technical personnel to improve acquisition practices and ensure that the best interests of the Institution are served to carry out its mission.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities may also apply to Job Announcement #14R-DP-299765-MPA-OEEMA
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.