About the Agency
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: Must be able to obtain/maintain a federal program officer's certification and/or a grants management certificate (federal or recipient track) within one year of appointment.
This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Services (NFMS), Pacific Islands Regional Office, located in Honolulu, HI.
Cost of Living Allowance (COLA): for Hawaii is 12.25% of the locality salary, and is not federally taxed. The COLA is not reflected in the locality salaries shown in this vacancy announcement. At the time of this announcement the cost-of-living allowance for employees in nonforeign areas remain at the 2012 levels.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). The system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under the CAPS system, positions are classified by career path, pay plan, and pay band. The ZA-02 is equivalent to the GS-07/09 grade level with promotion potential to the ZA-03 (GS-11/12 eqivalency). This position is being advertised equivalent to the GS-09 grade level.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-PIR-2014-0036, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- This position is not in the bargaining unit
This vacancy may be used to fill other Cooperative Program Specialist, ZA-1101-02/03 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g., within the same geographic locations, same grade/band; requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Carry out grants and cooperative agreements as a federal program officer.
- Develop and manage federal program proposals.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term cooperative management strategies and operating protocol.
- Review grant proposals and financial statements.
- Evaluate and assess accomplishments of funding projects.
- Provide orientation to grants applicants and training to the public and government personnel.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional Travel.