About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Performs maintenance of the museum's campus ensuring an overall pristine and polished area. Spot checks and corrects own work. Take ownership and initiative in completing work assignments.
- Cleans/mops bathrooms, vacuums and cleans corridors/entrance ways, stairways and other important areas within the campus.
- Performs snow, trash and other debris removal.
- Perform special facilities management support including painting, protection of objects and other assignments as needed.
- Work on a wide variety of facility management projects as request by his/her supervisor.
- Works independently as well as part of a team. Communicates and provides excellent customer service to all staff members.
- Serves as a rotating driver for the museum’s operating van (driving up to 15 staff/visitors to Newark, New Jersey from the main campus).