Degree: in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- Experience using basic data collection, compilation, organization, analyses and presentation techniques.
- Experience apply conventional methods used to gather, analyze and evaluate information concerning specific mathematical, statistical, economic or other relevant factors, energy markets conditions, or energy industry practices.
- Experience applying standard methods used to gather, analyze and evaluate information concerning critical mathematical, statistical, economic or other relevant factors, energy markets conditions, or energy industrial practices.
- Experience developing methods used to gather, analyze and evaluate information concerning critical mathematical, statistical, economic or other relevant factors, energy market conditions, or energy industrial practices.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
1. Knowledge of the full range of operations research analysis techniques.
2. Ability to develop and utilize appropriate data collection techniques.
3. Skill in coordinating extensive projects in assigned area of responsibility.
4. Ability to originate new ideas, projects, studies, and methodologies.
5. Ability to design, build, and use models and simulation techniques.
6. Ability to establish effective relationships with customers, information sources and project team members.You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
If this vacancy specifically states that certain educational requirements must be met (also known as a "positive educational requirement"), you must provide documentation supporting any education claims in your application. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Veterans Preference eligibles will be listed at the top of whichever category your rating places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher. If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted.
To preview questions please click here.