About the Agency
Reclamation is seeking a mid-career civil engineer looking for an opportunity to capitalize on their expertise in an active design and construction environment. Be involved in the development of designs, cost estimates and construction specifications for civil engineering features of water and power facilities and structures. You will be a valued team member and your technical support will assist the Mid-Pacific Region in accomplishing its mission
This position is located with the Bureau of Reclamation, Mid-Pacific Region, Division of Design and Construction, duty station, Sacramento, CA. For information on Sacramento, go to website: http://www.saccounty.net
Additional positions may be filled through this announcement as vacancies occur.
Position may be filled at the GS-09 or GS-11. If selected at the GS-09, the duties are developmental in nature, leading to the full performance level of GS-11. The incumbent may be non-competitively promoted to the next level of the position upon meeting all regulatory requirements; certification by the supervisor of successful performance; completion of all training requirements; and the availability of work at the next higher grade level. Note: promotion is not automatic. At the full performance level the incumbent performs the following:
- Prepares engineering designs, drawings, specifications, and cost estimates for new construction of and the repair, replacement, and rehabilitation of water, power, and related facilities and equipment.
- Performs technical review of the civil engineering aspects of project documents prepared by others.
- Determines the construction period for proposed actions and develops schedules for submission of design data; design preparation; issuance of specifications; procurement of materials and equipment.
- Prepares technical portions of construction or procurement specifications.
- Develops and prepares cost estimates for various project items.
- Participates in meetings and conferences relating to project design, cost estimates, specifications.
- Prepares correspondence, and technical reports.
- Provides engineering support as needed to Safety of Dams in monitoring and inspection activities.
- The duty-station is Sacramento, CA. However, depending on Reclamation's needs, the incumbent may be deployed on temporary assignments outside the duty-station. The venue of such deployment could be the Technical Service Center in Denver, an Area/Field Office or a project site anywhere within Reclamation and may extend up to 6 months.
- 25% or Greater
- Travel required up to 10% to travel to project sites. Work may required travel up to 50% for extended project assignments.