Job Title:Financial Technician
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
Job Announcement Number:NG-BH-1187009-DE
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, August 18, 2014 to
Friday, September 5, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|2 vacancies in the following location:|
Latham, NY View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your States and your community!
Type of Appointment: This is a Career/Career-Conditional Appointment and does NOT require membership in a compatible military assignment in the Army or Air National Guard. This is a full-time, non-dual status, competitive, permanent position.
Veterans Information: Veterans preference is not applicable to Technicians employed under Title 32 USC 709 (b).
Organizational Structure: This position is located within the US Property and Fiscal Office (USP&FO) Comptroller Division, Financial Services Branch in Latham, NY. The purpose of this position is to provide analysis, validation, processing and correction of financial transactions and issues/problems involving the full range of financial service.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- You must submit your resume and supporting documents (see "How to Apply").
- Direct Deposit is mandatory in this agency.
- National Agency Check (NAC) is required.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Financial Services Technician, you will:
- Perform in-depth analysis, complicated pay, travel, and accounts
payable issues involving substantial corrective action and/or complicated
adjustments and resolves issues, including assessing unusual circumstances or
- Research, interpret, analyze, and apply regulations, policies,
procedures and legal decisions to work and/or resolve complex financial
- Determine appropriate pay, allowances, and entitlements resulting
from multiple military and civilian statuses;
- Use computer master file systems, document processing and the
effects of transactions on existing records to modify normal automated
processes which protecting historical data;
- Respond to request for assistance from customer regarding
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for this position, you must have:
One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at
least the GS-07 level, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems in the
Federal government. This experience may also have been obtained in the private
sector, but must demonstrate that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated.
Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by performing duties such as:
processing pay actions in automated financial systems; analyzing facts of
financial transaction problems/issues; verifying and evaluating data to reconcile
discrepancies or inconsistencies; conducting audits of financial transactions.
Your resume must have complete information: Please ensure your resume accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities under each position you have held with each employer. In describing you experience, please be clear and specific. It is your responsibility to make sure your resume states complete information for each job entry (beginning and ending dates of employment stated as MM/YYYY; and total hours worked per week). If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position.
Part-time or unpaid experience: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Qualifications must be met by the closing date: You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by Friday, September 05, 2014.
Condition(s) of Employment:
- This position meets the criteria of a Non-Dual Status Management Plan as follows: The position resides within the infrastructure and support functions of the state National Guard; the incumbent is not subject to mobilization, nor is the work described part of the military mission; and the incumbent does not perform a key advisory or essential administrative role that is inherently military. In addition, the position must meet one of the following: It does not have a comparable military function; the position is required in full-time (civilian) role when the organization, or similar military position, is mobilized to perform continuing post-mobilization functions; or the position requires a skill or competency that necessitates technical expertise or professional qualifications that cannot be readily found in the military structure of the state military force.
- Ability to obtain National Agency Check or have Clearance.
- Prior knowledge of how the National Guard Structure works, is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS), Standard Installation/Division Personnel System (SIDPERS), My Pay, Defense Civilian Pay System (DCPS), Defense Travel System (DTS), Automated Funds Control Operating System (AFCOS) and Automated Time Attendance & Production System (ATAAPS), is highly desirable.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Category Rating: Your application will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating selection procedures. Once the application process is complete, a review of your qualifications will be conducted to determine if you are qualified for this job. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The quality categories are:
Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for this position.
Well Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for this position.
Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements for this position.
Your rating will be based on both your entire application package as well as the responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your category rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
All applicants' qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Financial Management
- Analyzing and Evaluating
- Problem Solving
- Personnel Management Regulations
- Oral Communication
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position.
If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.