About the Agency
This position is located with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR), Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) located in Plainsboro, NJ.
This position will be filled under the Department of Commerce Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan and pay band. The ZP-4 is equivalent to the GS-13/14 grade level.
This position is also announced under vacancy number OAR-GFDL-2014-0002 which is open to all status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
- This position is not in the bargaining unit
This vacancy may be used to fill other Physical Scientist, ZP-1301-4 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g., within the same geographical location, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
Information about your paid and nonpaid work experience related to this position MUST BE INCLUDED in your application: job title, duration of employment, duties and accomplishments, employer's name and address, and salary.
The individual selected will:
- Develop and disseminate scientific and technical data.
- Answer inquiries in the field of expertise.
- Interact with members of the scientific and technical community.
- Conduct research for instrument development, measurement, and modeling exchange.
- Improve databases containing satellite data and meta data and promote the use of the data in the research, private and federal user community.