About the Agency
Why search any longer - we have just the opportunity for you! Come, join us, and capitalized on your surveying expertise and become a vital part of our Design and Construction Team. Be involved in leading geodetic and land surveying activities in support of structural monitoring; and in the design and construction of major water resources structures and water conveyance distribution systems.
This position with the Bureau of Reclamation, Mid-Pacific Region, Division of Design and Construction, is located in Sacramento, CA. For information on the Mid-Pacific Region visit: http://www.usbr.gov/mp For information on the Sacramento area visit: http://www.co.Sacramento.ca.us
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Develops, organizes, and implements geodetic and land surveying activities for the Region which includes cadastral, Rights of-Way, GPS surveying, Robotic Total-Station Surveying, establishing primary control network and mapping quality control.
- As Program Manager for the Structural Monitoring Program for structures and dams, collects, processes and evaluates data to compare horizontal and vertical differences that would indicate any structural changes. Designs and oversees installation of monitoring systems for structural behavior, subsidence, and fault movement.
- Plans and conducts investigations or studies of problems affecting the geodetic program.
- Plans, coordinates and executes field mapping of complex types of terrain, unique topographic features or rugged topography.
- Investigates and resolves unusual problems involving property disputes such as encroachment, locating property corners and retracing legal descriptions.
- Researches and validates the monument base control, both horizontal and vertical. Performs map accuracy check surveys.
- Provides quality assurance and oversight of work performed by others to assure accuracy of surveys and data collected.
- 50% or Greater
- Travel is required approximately 50% of the time