The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visitNIH Overview.
This position is located in the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), Laboratory of Clinical Infectious Diseases (LCID).
If selected for this position, you will perform the following:
- Serve as an authority for primary immune deficiency and/or infectious disease patient populations, independently assessing acute and non-acute clinic problems and toxicities and appropriately consulting and collaborating with medical and multidisciplinary staff.
- Provide advanced expertise in clinical trial coordination and implementation, data and protocol management.
- Directly supervise health care members in the execution of trials and resolution of logistical constraints and assure all aspects of Good Clinical Practice.
- Provide training to clinic staff with regard to investigator brochure information, protocol implementation, general and specific data collection and research practices.
- Direct and perform quality assurance and quality control activities as they relate to protocol adherence, protocol monitoring, data collection, etc.
- Conduct educational presentations to nursing units, clinics and other departments collaborating on NIAID/LCID clinical trials.
- Serve in formal leadership position and is recognized as an expert in a clinical or research specialty area.
- Act as a Senior Clinical Coordinator supervising Nurse Practitioners and Nurse Specialists (Research) in the LCID.