About the Agency
This position is located in the Alaska region, National Weather Service, in Anchorage, AK. This position works for the Regional Director.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NWS-AR-2014-0051which is open status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) for Anchorage, AK is 5.57% of the locality salary, and is not federally taxed. The COLA is not reflected in the locality salaries shown in this vacancy announcement. At the time of this announcement the cost-of-living allowance for employees in nonforeign areas remain at the 2012 levels.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* This position is NOT in the bargaining unit.
*This vacancy may be used to fill other GS-0318-08 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, NON-bargaining, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
- Prepare periodic significant action reports.
- Serve as Records Management Coordinator with responsibility for providing advice on administrative files to the various offices.
- Tracks NWS Regulatory Supplements.
- Timekeeper for multiple divisions, responsible for reviewing/processing time and attendance.
- Provides administrative support for travel by advising travelers on Federal travel accuracy prior to approval by managers through the use of the government travel system.
- Contacts suppliers, and purchases both goods and services within purchasing authority and prepares purchase orders for those outside purchasing limit.
- Provides program staff with status of lease agreements, memorandums of understanding, contracts and funding distribution.
- Provides administrative back-up to the administrative Division for the purpose of travel, time and attendance, answering phone calls, procurement and/or distributing mail.