Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Children and Families Program Specialist in the Office of Family Assistance you will perform a wide range of administrative monitoring functions and provide technical assistance to grantee agencies to manage the Office of Family Assistance discretionary or mandatory grant programs.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-ACF-MP-14-1187265 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
The beginning and ending salaries may vary depending on location of position.
San Francisco CA $56,735 - $106,955
Boston MA $52,390 - $98,764
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to grantees, other regional and central office staff, training/technical assistance providers, Federal, state, local, and tribal governments, community groups and private agencies regarding the development and operation of human services programs.
- Review and analyze grantee plans and/or grant award request in a timely manner to ensure compliance with regulations and standards.
- Provide advice and consultation to grantees in the development of grantee plans and the implementation of program requirements based on new legislation.
- Review on-site program operations to identify strengths and program improvements. Identify deficiencies in grantee program operations using audit, program/financial review and other data.
- Serve as a team leader in the conduct of periodic monitoring and assessment of grantee activities to determine compliance with applicable regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Design and conduct reviews, surveys and special program studies.
- Develop recommendations to overcome problems and prepare reports of findings and recommendations.
- Occasional Travel
- 1 to 5 nights per month