This role requires a highly experienced manager with an in-depth understanding of the Trademark line of business, and the requirements of those systems to meet the needs of both trademark employees and external users. An applicant must have experience with the successful development and management of similar systems within a Federal environment and/or extensive experience with Trademark data and systems outside of the Federal Government to ensure the success of this significant undertaking. The most qualified senior Technical Program Management professional will have hands-on experience with Trademark organization requirements and systems and will have demonstrated success in the following areas:
Each response to the Professional Technical Qualifications (PTQs) & Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) must include a narrative summary of the applicant's executive experience in relation to the PTQs & ECQs and specific examples of accomplishments. Failure to address each qualification factor will have an adverse impact upon your ranking.
The Professional Technical Qualifications (PTQs) for this position are:
1. Demonstrated experience requiring the ability to conceptualize, design, develop, implement, evaluate and manage state-of-the-art information management systems in a large, highly technical organization within time and budget constraints.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex IT programs, requirements, policies and programs to IT experts and lay people, including the ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders and colleagues, translate business requirements into IT requirements, provide options/alternatives to remedy problems and identify opportunities within a technically complex organization.
3. Demonstrated ability to integrate an organizations strategic goals and objectives with IT trends, innovations and best practices.
4. Expert working knowledge of the technical and legal issues associated with the data and processing requirements specific to trademark registration activities.
5. Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, work closely with and build coalitions among IT staff and contractors to develop, evaluate, maintain, integrate and oversee programs in the Trademarks area.
The Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) for this position are:
1. Leading Change - This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People - This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven - This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen - This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions- This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position is a Career Reserved position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
NOTE: If you are selected for the position you may be required to submit Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) to the Office of Personnel Management to be approved before you can be placed into the position. More Information regarding the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) can be found here: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/senior-executive-service/reference-materials/guidetosesquals_2012.pdf
If you are a current or previous OPM approved SES you do not have to address the Executive Core Qualification questions in your application package. Please submit an SF-50 showing your SES Status within your application package.
To preview questions please click here.