About the Agency
This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Service, Office of Coast Survey in Silver Spring, MD.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZP-02 is equivalent to the GS-7/9.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NOS-OCS-2014-0022,which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- This position is in the bargaining unit.
This vacancy may be used to fill other Cartographer, ZP-1370-02/03
positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g., within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Maintain the national navigational database from which to construct, maintain and distribute National Ocean Service (NOS) nautical products and services for the marine public.
- Collaborate and communicate openly and effective within, outside and across OCS organizational boundaries to facilitate the achievement of goals.
- Gather and evaluate information to arrive at accurate conclusions; develop effective solutions and make timely, practical, and effective recommendations for process improvements.
- Carry out cartographic tasks and projects with minimal guidance.